Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weekend fun

So we went out to play this weekend.

Friday night hubby came home and we headed out to some skating before our weather turned again. It was a warm night, the sky was clear, stars were glittering, so to the canal we went. Well, sunshine was determined to improve her skating and. Well, 14 km, 3 beavertails, 1 hot chocolate, 1 hot apple cider, 1 water and 3 hours later and sunshine is now a better skater! She is quite pleased with herself for skating all the way downtown.

I remember when we were younger our family used to skate together all the time. There was a lake in our neighbourhood and we would skate on it and follow the little river that jutted off of it. I used to like skating on the little river that fed into the lake because it was warmer than being out exposed on the lake, especially when the wind blowing.

I remember an one skating excursion when I was a little ahead of the rest of the family going down the little river and I heard a huge crack. Now it was quite common to hear cracks in the ice as you were skating, the ice was quite thick but every so oftenn you would hear a cracking noise. Well on this occaision I thougth I was going through the ice, man I spun around and high tailed it back to my parents and siblings. I was sure my stomach was in my mouth. After that I never went as far down, and I stayed closer to my family.

So here is a pic of sunshine in her skating glory on Friday night:

1 Comments:

Blogger david C said...

I wonder if we will be able to skate on Porter's lake if we end up buying a house there....

I have fond memories of those skating trips too...

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home