Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Beauty

So by now everyone has seen those ads for Dove and the campaign for real beauty. Beautiful ads and I applaud them for finally using real women.

But I sit here wondering why we don't applaud every wrinkle, stretch mark and grey hair that we have. My hubby and I have been discussing an article he read about how women are marketed to and that all the creams - no matter how cheap or expensive - do not work. That you cannot stop the passage of time. That you are going to wrinkles no matter what you do. Yet, here I am, applying lotion to my face hoping to do just that, stop the passage of time from showing. I like to kid myself and say that it is because I have really dry skin, and I am not interested in getting rid of wrinkles, but really who am I kidding. Are we being marketed to? For sure we are. Are we more wrinkly than our mothers that went before us? Hard to say, I don't think so, but I guess there is some arguments that our environment is more toxic, thus worse for our skin. Certainly our ancestors had a hard time of it and being exposed to the environment more. Is expensive better than economical? Who knows, I do have both more expensive and cheaper creams in my medicine cabinet. Which ones work better? That is the question.

Goodness knows. I still keep applying it and asking my hubby if I look better and if the creams are helping my skin, and of course he is going to say yes. To him, this is one of those topics that sometimes there is no right answer for, only the answer that I want to hear is the right one. But curious, he did bring up the article.

All I know is that I will keep applying it. I do have dry skin you know. ;-)


Question of the day

Is beauty really skin deep?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home