Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Time to ......

spend time in the kitchen.

Okay, thanksgiving is this weekend (I am Canadian Eh!), so family is descending tomorrow and I am baking in preperation. I am using new and old recipes. While I am baking with the old recipes I think of the family member/friend who gave it to me.

Who am I thinking of?

The first thing I baked this week was chocolate chip cookies - my mom's recipe. My mom's chocolate chip cookies were famous growing up. Everybody in school wanted them, they were the best bartering tool at lunch time. My brother, sister and I knew that we could trade and get anything in exchange for those cookies. We quite often traded them because we knew there were more at home waiting for us. Another memory I have of those cookies is when my mom came to visit us and she baked cookies with sunshine when she was 3. My mom on our kitchen floor stirring cookies, with sunshine dipping her hands in to the batter to help herself to eat is a precious memory I will always treasure.

So I put it out there to you all, what is your person food memory?


Motivator for the day

How many more hours until they get here?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:35 AM  
Blogger david C said...

you need to turn on word verification so that you do not get spammed...

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home