Friday, October 07, 2005

So I want to ....

bake an apple pie. The only thing is we have no apples. We were going to pick some today, but it is raining so that has put the kibosh on our apple picking.


Hmm, apple pie. Mom makes an awesome apple pie and blueberry pie. Here is today's memory - my mom's blueberry pie is a source for great discussion at home. When we were younger, mom would put some kind of thickner in it so that it would not leak all over your plate and be drippy. Then there was a bit of a revolt in the family because my grand mother would always have runny blueberry pie and my dad wanted pie just like his moms. He even enlisted his siblings to pester my mom about it, so now we have runny blueberry pie.

So now whenever I have blueberry pie, it has to be runny. An homage to my grandmother!


thought for the day

it is a good day to be a duck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home