Tuesday, November 29, 2005

How did you meet your spouse, significant other, partner?

Every couple has a story and when we meet new people I always wonder how they met.

My spouse and I met in High School. Now we did not get together until much later so everyone stop with the high school sweetheart awws now :)

Hubby was a year behind me, and the closest we figure to when we met for the first time had to be in October of my 11th year of high school. We had a common friend, and the three of us used to walk home together after school. Hubby and I lived a little farther then our friend, so we walked and talked longer. Truth be told, we had much more in common then our mutual friend.

At the end of high school, I moved to another much larger city 2000 km away. We always kept in touch and whenever either of us visited the city we were in, we visited with each other. After we both finished University, my spouse ended up getting a job here in the city we live in now, and so began his wooing. Now mind you I was very resistant, this was my best friend and there was no way I was going to give that up should we have split up. He persisited and here we are married with a child. I am glad he pushed for the relationship, I really cannot imagine my life without him. I could not have asked for a better life partner. We figure now we have known each other for about 23 years.

So how about it? Where did you meet your significant other?

4 Comments:

Blogger Coloratura said...

It was good old craiglist.org... they've been good to me, I've found/sold furniture, computer equipment... and now, my husband!

I never expected him to be 'the one' when it all started - it was a bit of a lark. But he did indeed turn out to be just that. The internet can bring people together, I know lots who've met the same way...

9:13 PM  
Blogger Coloratura said...

perhaps I should clarify that I did not 'buy' my husband on CL... he was definitely in the 'found' category...[snort, chuckle]...!!

9:14 PM  
Blogger david C said...

Met my wife out working.... I was not looking to get married at the time, I just thought she was cool. We hung out together for about a month before we started dating... I can remember thinking, "she is so cool, why am I not dating her". Here we are eight years later. Her pciture is on my desk, right next to the computer.. I am the luckiest guy in the world.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Thanks for sharing you guys!!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home