Friday, November 25, 2005

TGIF

After a busy week, I am glad that it is the weekend and we get a rest. Currently Sunshine has a friend over and they are playing Clue at our dining room table. It is a sleepover visit and I suspect that these girls will be up late talking and will rise with the birds. These two get to see each not often enough according to the little miss, but Sunshine's friend lives about 25 minutes away by car, and the girls love each others company and pack in a whole lot of playing in a short amount of time. They are a month apart by birth, and are two peas in a pod. It is funny, her mother and I are best friends and the girls appear to be the same. My poor hubby is overrun by females! These girls love everything that glitters, sparkles and shines, not a truck in site when they are together!

So I think I am going to start my christmas baking this weekend, and then freeze it. I love baking at this time of year - makes me think of family, makes the house smell good and then try to resist all the good yummy food that we don't indulge in all year. Growing up I can remember my mom baking and we would help. I remember we would have all sorts of tarts for christmas, blueberry tarts, butter tarts and strawberry tarts. I can also remember helping mom make gingerbread cookies for her students at school. Decorating them was the best. Yum!

Question for the day

Why does all the sweet stuff go to your waist line and the stuff that is good for you not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home