Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sunshine

Our child is a bright light in our lives, a gift from god, a happy go lucky person, a person who is always game to try out new things. You know the type of person, the one that gets picked out of a crowd to pariticipate in a busker shows. She has a wide cirlcle of friends, is fun, happy and I hope not too spoiled.

Now having said that, there is one thing in her life that I know that she wants, but will never get, and that is a brother or sister.

I know that she longs for a sibling, and we tell her that it is not possible but that she is really lucky because she never has to share her toys, and she gets to do stuff that she would not get to do because if there were more children we could not afford it. I know she accepts this, but every so often it surfaces. Like today for instance, she brings home a book from school that she has written in. It is all about her and her family and there it is in plain writing, "I am an only child, it is lonely, but I don't have to share my toys".

I know that I am not the first parent to experience this, nor will I be the last. But boy does it make my heart ache..

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Thanks Kurt, I needed one.

1:51 PM  
Blogger david C said...

Perhaps she would make due with a cousin? We gotta get monique on that...

Love from here.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home