Monday, October 17, 2005

it is only a matter of time

Before gas prices go up ..... yep, in anticipation that the latest hurrican may track to the gulf, oil is already up a buck. You know that it is only a matter of minutes before it is felt at the pump!

So is everyone ready for Halloween? I was buying candy, but we were eating it all so now I am waiting until it is a little closer to the spooky event before I will make the trip to Walmart to get some more. What is it about the small snack size boxes of candy that makes you think you are not eating any calories? It is only a wafer!

I remember going out as a kid and trick or treating and then coming home with a pillowcase full of candy. My brother, sister and I would sit in the living room and then proceed to barter with each other for our favorite candy. Mom and dad would let us gorge ourselves that night, and send some candy in our lunches for a couple of days when all of a sudden the candy would dissappear. Yes, somebody from the x-files abducted our candy. Finally we got wise to what was going on, and the candy was hidden to be snacked on at a later time. My child is not a big candy eater, so typically I throw out the stuff a month later and sunshine is none the wiser.

Ahhh Halloween, cannot wait!

Question of the day

Whatever happened to the real snack sized candy you got when we were kids?

2 Comments:

Blogger david C said...

Just thinking of all the sugar we ate that night, it is amazing that we still got to sleep.

Remember that cool family near where the dewars used to live, the dad worked at the local dairy company, and they produced the fruit juice bags, the precursor to the juice in a box. I used to love those juice bags, especially the fruit punch...

5:30 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

loved those juice bags. They were my favorite. Do ya think they still sell them?

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home