Friday, November 04, 2005

Floating on air

Last week I wrote about working in retail and specifically working in a lingerie store. Well, after a little reflection, I have come to realize that I was destined to sell lingerie.

My mom tells a story about me of when I was a little girl and we had just moved from Halifax, NS to Saint JoHN NB. My brother was very young, and I was not much older. Now my mom had put me and my brother down for a nap and she decided to have a little rest as well. When she woke up, she went to check on us and discovered I was missing from my bed. After searching the house and not finding me, a real panic set in. Heading to the front door to check outside for me, she saw me out running jumping in the puddles out on our street. Now I was prepared, I was wearing my rainboots, but as well, I pulled on a lovely peignoir set that my dad had given my mom as a gift. Apparently it was floating behind me. My mom could not have been more mortified, me running down in the street alone, or me running in her nighty! What would the new neighbors think?

When I was a little older, my dad took me out christmas shopping to get something for my mom. Now my dad always bought my mom a nighty for christmas, it is a tradition, and he still does it to this day. Anyway, we went out to the local dept. store, and we were in the lingerie dept, when I spied something that my mom JUST had to have. Now, I Dream of Jeannie was on television at the time, so when I came across a pair of what I considered "I Dream of Jeannie" pjamas - I knew it was the gift for my mom. They were a two piece set, sheer as all get out, and the top was split open in the front. Sexy as all get out! Anyway I talked my dad into them (not that he needed much convincing) and up to the cash we went. I can remember telling the girl behind the cash that these "Jeannie" pjamas were for my mom for christmas. The cashier just smiled, well actually smirked, and I remember thinking wow, she really likes the pjs, my mom is really lucky. Anyway, flash forward to christmas morning and my mom opens her gift. I remember being really excited and remember telling her the were Jeannie pjs and she had to wear them. I don't think she ever did (wonder why), and I wonder to this day if she still has them.


Question for the day
Why do long nightgowns always wind up around your neck in the middle of the night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home